Wednesday, June 22, 2011

quinoa salad and baked tofu


Let me preface this by saying that this is not a Donovan-approved dinner.  If I ever try to pass this off as a complete meal for him, I'll probably lose my kitchen privileges.  But he's gone at the moment, so I can get away with it.  Maybe I'm going back to my roots, reverting to my childhood in which I ate plenty of tofu and who knows what else (all of which I thought disgusting at the time...I guess my tastes have matured).  Whatever the reason, when I'm cooking for myself I tend to go uber healthy. 



The quinoa salad is a new recipe I tried from one of my favorite bloggers, Eat Live Run, and I highly recommend it.  The flavors are light and perfect for summer, plus it's just a fun way to dress up plain, boring quinoa.


The tofu was something I threw together on my own without using a recipe, and surprisingly it didn't turn into a disaster.  For the marinade, I used soy sauce, fresh garlic, honey, a splash of vinegar, and enough water to thin it out and cut down the sodium level from the soy sauce.  After letting the tofu sit in the marinade for about 20 minutes, I baked it at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes.  

It was delicious!  If you like tofu, that is.

1 comment: