Tuesday, September 27, 2011

a quick update

Hello everyone!  We're still alive and well, I promise!  I've been a bit lackadaisical about posting lately, but in my defense the past week and a half has been fairly routine and not that exciting.  Donovan has been busy at work since they're getting ready for another training rotation in Germany, so he leaves at 5:30 in the morning and usually doesn't get home until around 7 in the evening.  That's a really long day!

We did make time for some fun over the weekend though.  On Saturday we took a spontaneous trip to Venice. It's only an hour away, so why not?  We had some lunch, walked around, got gelato, and did a bunch of window shopping.  It was a fun time, even though Venice is still overrun with tourists.  On Sunday we headed to another favorite (Ikea) and picked up a kitchen island that we've (by "we" I mean "I")  had our eye on for awhile.    I haven't gotten around to putting it together, so no pictures yet, but I think it will look really nice in our kitchen, and the extra work space will come in handy.  I'll definitely show you all the finished product soon!

And that's really all that's been happening around here lately!  We're hoping to squeeze in a trip over the weekend since Donovan leaves next week, but we haven't decided exactly where yet.  I'll keep you posted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment