Monday, August 29, 2011

Romeo and Juliet

Good afternoon!  I hope everyone's weekend was fabulous.  I know it's been a few days since I posted, so I thought I would catch you up on the little things that kept us busy this weekend. 

On Thursday, while waiting for Donovan to get back, I went to Verona with a friend.  Our purpose for going was more to get our hair done than to see the sights, but I managed to snap a couple photos.  It is a gorgeous city though, so I'm sure there will be many return trips to see all the cool stuff that's there. 

Inscription on Romeo's house
Bad picture, but this is the balcony on Juliet's house
Thursday night Donovan came back after three weeks of training.  Definitely good to have him home again!  On Saturday he surprised me with tickets to see Romeo and Juliet at the Verona Arena.  Isn't he sweet?  So we got all dressed up and headed out for a date night.  And while we couldn't understand anything (it was an opera), it was still pretty cool to sit inside a Roman amphitheater that was built in 30 A.D.  Also, this would have been the perfect opportunity to make up for not taking any pics on Thursday, but naturally we got halfway there before realizing we didn't even bring a camera.  Oops.  So we weren't able to document us looking all fancy (and my new brunette hair), but a google search of the Arena will at least give you an idea of the setting. 


And that was our weekend!  Now it's back to work for a few days, but we're looking forward to a long weekend over Labor Day that I'm sure will be filled with more than a few adventures!

1 comment:

  1. 1) We loved the arena when we visited Verona! We stopped in briefly to the balcony and took maybe one photo - then spent MUCH longer in the arena. :-)

    2) I need photos of your brunette hair!

    ReplyDelete