Friday, June 15, 2012

A Busy Week

Donovan has been busy packing, which means our house was an explosion of multicam this last weekend.


Amidst all the chaos, an important discovery was made...


Donovan has some sewing skills!  He took over all the little modifications and repairs he needed done, and he had so much fun that by the end of the day I'm pretty sure he was inventing projects just so he could play with the sewing machine.  Now I know who to ask the next time we need new curtains...

Sadly though, all this packing means deployment is just around the corner.  The brigade held their Casing of the Colors ceremony yesterday, during which they put the unit flags away until everyone's back.


After the ceremony, we had a battalion family fun day.  All the companies competed in different events and we had a big barbecue.  Donovan was tasked with reffing the dodgeball games, so he spent the afternoon carrying a clipboard around and looking official.


I, on the other hand, got gently talked into (meaning, given no choice) jumping out of the 34-foot tower the guys use during jump training.


I mean, if this little guy can do it, why can't I.


How cute is that?

1 comment:

  1. When I read that comment "if this little guy..." I was half expecting a picture of Donovan.

    ReplyDelete