Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Our Christmas Celebration

Hello again everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  Donovan and I are back home after a fabulous several days in Chamonix, France.  We had three good days of skiing/snowboarding, wandering around downtown, eating amazing overpriced food, and enjoying being in the mountains and snow.  I'm still going through the hundreds of pictures we took, but I will have some to share soon!

For now, here's a glimpse at our own little Christmas celebration.  We spent Christmas Day hitting the slopes, and dinner that night consisted of a baguette, salami, and cheese.  So once we got home we wanted to do something a little more special.  And after traveling for almost two weeks, it was really nice to be back in my own kitchen.

Donovan requested Potatoes Au Gratin and I was more than willing to indulge in some guilt-free creamy goodness.  If there's ever a time to cook with cream, it's Christmas.


And of course, Christmas dinner would not be complete without a ham.


To make it somewhat balanced, we added some green beans and called it a meal!


Donovan, you're at a 10.  We need you at a 6.


After our enthusiastic dinner, it was finally time to open gifts.


There's nothing better than tearing off the wrapping paper to discover a Crate & Barrel box (thanks Mom!).  Unless of course, you're opening a new pair of boots.  And especially if they pass the smell test.


My new boots didn't require a smell test.


And now I'm off to enjoy some delicious leftovers.  I'll be back tomorrow with some pictures of our skiing adventures!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun Christmas! Miss you and love you - can we talk soon please?! xoxo Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Heidi. Hope the next wave of gifts comes soon. Your meal looks delicious. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice boots! Well, at least I hope D does not sniff his old boots???
    What a pretty table you make!
    Hey, cousins in Boulder, I didn't get a box from C+B!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @cher
    Thank you! No worries, he only sniffs new boots :)

    ReplyDelete