Wednesday, October 5, 2011

kitchen island

We have a new addition to our kitchen!  The island/butcher block is up and ready to go.  I'm proud to say I did the majority of the work myself, although I did try to enlist Donovan to tighten a few stubborn screws.  He handed me the power drill.  No joke.

Anyways, it wasn't all that difficult to put together.  Just lots of pieces that had to go together in a certain order.


An action shot of me tightening some bolts...


And the finished upside-down product!  Sorry for the glaringly bright licence plate in the background.  I really need to find a better place for that.


I had to wait until Donovan came home from work before I could flip it right-side-up, since it's solid wood and bad things probably would have happened if I tried to do it myself.  And then we got sidetracked with the weekend and everything, so I didn't take any pictures of the island actually in place.  So tomorrow I'll put up some pictures of it right-side-up, sanded, and oiled.  And even trying it out by making some banana bread!

0 comments:

Post a Comment